The role of the vice-chairman is to support the Chairman, and if required, to stand in for the Chairman in his or her absence.
What else does the vice chairman do?
- Organises the annual lunch should one be held
- Welcomes visitors and new members, giving out information packs , and ensuring they are made to feel welcome.
- Acts as the society’s contact with the hall staff in case of an accident or ill health or other emergency during a lecture
- Supports the chairman, through discussion, attendance at meetings etc.
- Promotes the Society whenever possible