The Volunteering Secretary is responsible for developing any volunteering projects within the society.
What does the Volunteering secretary do?
The volunteering secretary works with the rest of the committee to organise volunteering projects.Depending on the range of volunteering projects underway there may be more than one secretary.
What does this involve?
- Liaising with other committee members to discuss ideas for volunteering projects
- Liaising with NADFAS/Area volunteer co-ordinators
- Research possible projects and provide information to the committee so a decision can be made.
- Liaise with chosen organisations to prepare and plan the activity
- Help recruit volunteers.
- Report back on progress of any project both to the committee and with AGM papers,
- Attending committee meeting usually every 2 months for about 2 hours
N.B. Volunteering projects could include Heritage Volunteers, Young Arts, Church Recording or Church Trails.